Welcome to Beyond Massage Aspen, home to inspired wellness. Passionate about the whole client, not just symptoms or temporary solutions, my practice embodies a compassionate yet professional environment for massage, acupuncture, and natural health services. By creating a space of healing in the heart of Aspen, I have formed a foundation of client relationships – whether local or just passing through – that endure to this day. In collaborating with other practitioners, my community of wellness has expanded over the years and I look forward to meeting new clients and new students.
What started as an internship at the age of 19 ultimately changed the trajectory of my life and my career, helping me land where I am today. On a detour that led me to working with a native elder, I spent the first two years of my career witnessing remarkable healing occur with the use of natural medicine. It was during this time that I learned that everything is energetically interconnected, from the physical aches and pains we experience in our body to the emotional aches and pains we experience in our hearts. Harnessing that knowledge, I sought to educate myself in multiple wellness techniques. With more than 5,000 hours of training in eastern and western modalities and 20 years of experience, my work and my clients are my passion. In 2004, I founded Beyond Massage Aspen and my roots grow deeper here every year after numerous trips to the Far East and throughout America for my studies.
My credentials include:
- Master’s in Acupuncture, Diplomate of Acupuncture
- National Board-Certified Acupuncturist through the NCCAOM
- Instructor for Beyond Massage Aspen since 2003 (Shiatsu; Thai Massage)
- Former owner of NCBTMB National and State Approved School, providing continuing education for massage therapists and other health professionals locally and nationally
- Heartwood Institute Instructor, co-teaching Shiatsu and Chinese Medicine with Paul Pitchford, author of Healing with Whole Food
- Advanced Acupoint Injection Certifications
- Ongoing Chinese Herbal Certification Course work
In my spare time you might find me off the grid hiking, paddle boarding, skinning, or photographing beautiful sites. I enjoy experimenting in my kitchen with healthy gourmet treats and meals or making reservations at a fine restaurant. When I’m not in the outdoors or in my kitchen I am likely checking more places off my ever-growing bucket list – from hiking Kilimanjaro to viewing Kodiak bears in their natural habitat. I love being in nature and viewing this wild life all around me. When I push myself to the outer limits of my athletic endeavors, I know the importance of wellness and vibrant living firsthand.
Be inspired. Be well. Be vibrant.
Erica BoulangeéM.Ac, L.Ac., LMT